White Balance. It’s one of those things that needs to be correct and it can be a pain if you forget to calibrate it.Fortunately, ControlMyNikon makes it easy. Just follow these easy steps, or check out this free tutorial video.
- Get a grey or white card. These are specially created so that there are no other colors present. You could use a white shirt, but is it truly white? Same with photocopy/printer paper which often has blue added. If it isn’t truly grey or white, the white balance will be off. I use a card that folds up really small.
- Use that exact same light that you will use in your shoot. If you don’t, your white balance will likely be off.
- Hold the card so that it completely fills the viewfinder.
- Open the ‘Calibrate WB’ window in the ControlMyNikon tools menu and follow the instructions. The white balance will be saved to the preset that you chose.
- That’s it! The white balance is now correct.